How It Works
A matchmaking event is a quick and easy way to meet potential cooperation partners. People meet and greet at high speed. 20 minutes are usually enough to build connections, then the bell rings and the next talk starts.
1. Online registration
The registration for the Face2Face Meetings is only possible via the ICT Proposers' Day 2019 website (once the registration for the main event opens).
Why? Because in the past a lot of participants have registered only on the Face2Face meetings page and not through the ICT Event's main registration facility. As the Face2Face meetings are a part of the ICT Proposers' Day 2019 event, it is necessary to first register there in order to enter the venue.
How to register:
- First register on the ICT Proposers' Day 2019 website.
- When you have finished your registration for the conference, log in and access your "My Event" page from your profile.
- Click on "Participate in the Ideal-ist Face2Face brokerage event at the ICT Proposers' Day 2019" link to initiate the registration process for Face2Face brokerage meetings.
- Complete your online profile on the Face2Face platform.
- You can submit Horizon 2020 project ideas, expertise offers and other cooperation needs through the marketplace.
All Face2Face profiles and cooperation offers on the marketplace will be published online and will be open for everyone to see. You can change your profile at any time.
2. Promotion of published profiles
All published profiles will be extensively promoted by the organisers of this event. Furthermore, all participants of the event will view your cooperation offers on the marketplace.
The Marketplace is where you can publish your project cooperation ideas, expertise offers, and other cooperation needs. The following cooperation offer types are available:
- Project Cooperation*: Horizon 2020 ICT project ideas for which would like to search for at least one further partner for your consortium.
- Expertise*: You have specific expertise and are willing to participate in an H2020 project.
- Product: Describe a product you are offering and the cooperation you are looking for.
- Service: Describe a product you are offering and the cooperation you are looking for.
- Investment: If you are seeking investment, you can highlight an investment opportunity
- Request: You can describe any further cooperation request
A statistical analysis of 40 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times BEFORE the event and will still be viewed AFTER the event.
* The Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2020 was published at in July 2019. Call topics are now available and searchable in the marketplace.
4. Selection of bilateral meetings
You will be informed by email when you can start booking bilateral meetings. Check which cooperation profiles are most promising ahead of this date. Intelligent search options allow a quick identification of the most suitable participants/cooperation offers. Within a few minutes you should be able to identify future potential research and business partners.
Booking of bilateral meetings
Once you have found the most promising research and business partners you can select them for bilateral meetings. You can add further meetings at any time but please be aware that the bookings are managed on the principle of "first come - first served". You can book meetings BUT you can also be booked for bilateral talks by other participants!
Your personal meeting schedule
A few days before the event you will receive your personal meeting schedule (furthermore, you can constantly check your meeting schedule online). This meeting schedule gives information about the date and time, the table number, and who you are going to meet.
4. At the event
The updated version of your meeting schedule including last minute bookings will be online available through the mobile version of our website or through the b2match app. Your personal meeting schedule lists all your meetings in chronological order, including the
- dates and time of your meeting
- names of your meeting partners
- the table number for each meeting
Our staff will be at your disposal during the whole matchmaking event.